The word “approval” refers to permits, registrations, certifications, licenses, and similar issuances granted by MDE after a complete evaluation and review to implement the requirements of Maryland regulations.
This page provides a listing of all MDE approvals by MDE administration. Linked to each numbered item in the list are fact sheets that describe salient details of each approval. At the beginning of each fact sheet are one or two questions that will help you determine whether that particular approval may be required. Each fact sheet answers the following questions, where applicable:
- Do I need this approval?
- What must I do to get this approval?
- How long will it take to get the approval once I submit a complete and accurate application?
- Who do I contact with questions about this approval?
- Do I need to get any approvals from my local or Federal government before I can get this approval?
- How much will the approval cost?
- Once I get the approval, how long will the permit last?
- Do I need to know any other information to get this approval?
- If you need this, you’ll probably need that: What other approvals might I need for this activity?
- What is MDE’s legal authority to issue this approval?
Listings of all the questions found on top of the fact sheets, MDE program contacts, and MDE approvals by type of activity, site, and equipment, among other materials that could assist you are available on the Approval Resources page.
Air and Radiation Administration
Download Application Forms and Other Forms for Air
1.01 Air Quality General Permits to Construct
1.02 Air Quality Permit to Construct
1.03 New Source Review Approval
1.04 Prevention of Significant Deterioration Approval
1.05 Air Quality State Permit to Operate
1.06 Part 70 (Title V) Operating Permit
1.07 Asbestos Contractor License
1.08 Asbestos Training Provider Approval
1.09 Asbestos Photo Identification Card
1.10 Incinerator Operator Certification and Training Course Approval
1.11 Fleet Inspection Station License
1.12 Certified Emissions Repair Facility Certification
1.13 Master Certified Emissions Technician Certification
1.14 Radiation Machine Facility Registration
1.15 Certification of Machines Emitting Radiation
1.16 Radioactive Materials License
1.17 Private Inspector License For Inspecting X-Ray Machines
1.18 Reciprocal Recognition of Out-of-State Radioactive Material Licenses
1.19 Radioactive Material General License Registration
1.20 Registered Service Provider for X-Ray Machines
1.21 Energy Facilities Permitting Information: Certificate of Public Convenience & Necessity
Land and Materials Administration
Download Application Forms and Other Forms for Land
Water and Science Administration
Download Application Forms and Other Forms for Water