Members are asked to update their online member profile whenever they have new practices and results to share, but no less than every three years. To update your profile:
- E-mail Green.Registry@maryland.gov to request a copy of your organization's member profile. It will be e-mailed back to you as a Word document.
- Edit the document with your updated activities and e-mail it back to Green.Registry@maryland.gov
For further instructions on adding new environmental topic areas that may not have been included in your first submission, download this document:
Updating your Member Profile with new topic areas
Need ideas or assistance in expanding your environmental practices or help in measuring results? That's what we're here for! E-mail or call the Maryland Green Registry at 410-537-4119.
Each file has a transparent background and may be placed on any color background.
Need a new member window decal? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how many you need.
Look for the Logo: Send a photo of where you display it and we'll add it to the Registry's Flicker page.
Tips on Getting the Word Out
To promote your membership and environmental successes:
1. Add the Maryland Green Registry member logo to your website and link it to your online Maryland Green Registry profile.
2. Display the member window decal where your customers can see it.
3. Share your environmental news through social media accounts using #MarylandGreenRegistry
4. Post your accomplishments in the Maryland Green Registry LinkedIn group.
5. Create a Maryland Green Registry Member Spotlight. E-mail two photos (one with people in it), your logo, and three sustainable practices (20-40 words) to email@example.com. We will create a graphic and post it on MDE's social media accounts and encourage you to post it on your accounts as well.
6. Apply for a Maryland Green Registry Leadership Award. Look for the application to be posted on April 1st of each year.
Be a Mentor/Call a Mentor
The Maryland Green Registry profiles are filled with practical and proven environmental measures. To exchange information directly with the people who have implemented these practices and projects, use the contact number on the online member profile page or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for member contact information.
LinkedIn: Members should also feel free to post questions to the members-only Maryland Green Registry LinkedIn group.
Recruiting New Members
Here's how to spread the word:
1) Tell your neighboring businesses, vendors, customers, trade associations, chambers of commerce, schools, churches, parks, local government, and businesses of all types and sizes about the program and how it provides a free and easy way for them to get their story in a visible place online. If you'd like us to send you some Maryland Green Registry wallet-sized brochures, just e-mail email@example.com.
2) Promote through social media, newsletters, e-mail blasts and websites and feel free to adapt the language below:
If your business or organization is implementing sustainable practices like energy and water conservation or waste reduction, don’t keep it a secret! Join (your organization's name) and the nearly 600 businesses and other organizations throughout the state that have shared their green practices through the Maryland Green Registry.
The Maryland Green Registry is a free program created to promote and recognize sustainable practices at organizations of all types and sizes within the state. Businesses, churches, schools, government agencies and other organizations are all invited to join and share the steps they’ve taken to reduce their environmental footprint. Collectively, members have saved more than $106 million annually through sustainable practices.
Members benefits include an online profile promoting your environmental commitment, window decal and use of the logo for marketing materials, access to free technical assistance programs, and eligibility for the annual Maryland Green Registry Sustainability Leadership Awards.
Joining is free and easy to do. The application should take less than 30 minutes to complete and asks you to share at least five of your organization’s environmental best practices and one measurable result. Visit www.green.maryland.gov to download the application.