1. Perform energy benchmarking for your facility
2. Schedule an energy audit and investigate incentive programs.
3. Improve energy efficiency of building shell.
4. Improve efficiency of HVAC and other systems.
5. Improve efficiency of office and industrial equipment.
6. Improve efficiency of lighting
7. Use energy management software systems to control lighting, HVAC systems, and to turn off computers and printers, vending machines and other equipment
8. Train employees on basic conservation practices such as turning off lights and equipment when not in use, controlling the thermostat, and activating energy saving features on equipment.
8. Contact your utility or a demand response management company about peak load management.
For your member profile: Describe measures taken to improve the energy efficiency of your facility and/or processes and include results (e.g. kWh or BTUs reduced) and cost savings where available.
1. Install on-site renewable energy systems such as photovoltaic, solar water heating, solar-powered exterior lighting, geothermal systems, or wind energy.
2. Choose an electric supplier that generates its power from renewable sources.
3. Purchase renewable energy credits (RECs) for wind, biomass, solar, hydropower,biofuels, and geothermal or carbon offsets for natural gas or diesel use.
1800 Washington Boulevard, Baltimore, MD 21230