Water Quality Revolving Loan Fund
Funding Applications Accepted December Thru January Annually
The Water Quality Revolving Loan Fund (WQRLF) provides financial assistance for a wide variety of projects to protect or improve the quality of Maryland's rivers, streams, lakes, the Chesapeake Bay and other water resources. As part of our financial assistance package, MDE's Water Quality Financing Administration(WQFA) can provide financial advisory services that assist applicants in determining affordable user rate structures and model the fiscal impact the proposed loan will have on financial capacity.
WQRLF assistance is available for:
Point Source Pollution Prevention (Public Entities/Local Governments Only):
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Improvements/Expansion including State Grant Match for Biological Nutrient Removal (BNR) Facilities
- Sewerage Collection/Conveyance Systems including New/Replacement Sewers
- Correction of Excess Sewerage Infiltration/Inflow (I/I) and/or Combined Sewer Overflow
- Sludge Handling Facilities at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- Landfill Leachate Pretreatment Facilities
- Back Wash Facilities at Drinking Water Treatment Plants
Nonpoint Source Pollution Prevention Public and Private Entities
(See Linked Deposit):
- Stormwater Best Management Practices related to MS4 permits or other requirements
- Wellhead Protection (Drinking Water Source)
- Landfill Closure
- Stream Corridor Restoration/Protection
- Hazardous Waste Clean-up (Brownfields)
- Shoreline Erosion Control
- Agricultural Nutrient Management Plans and Water Soil Conservation Plan
- NEW! NPS Tools, including the Maryland Forest Financing Implementation Tool (MD FFIT), a calculator designed to assist
MD local governments, counties, and their partners seeking loans to fund
forestry efforts and earn restoration credits for permits.
For additional information, please call (410) 537-3119.