Drinking Water Revolving Loan Fund
Drinking Water Funding Applications Accepted Annually December thru January
The Drinking Water Revolving Loan Fund (DWRLF) provides financial assistance for projects that provide safe drinking water and protect the quality of Maryland's drinking water supply. The federal Safe Drinking Water Act requires that all community water systems demonstrate the technical, managerial, and financial capacity to maintain their system prior to receiving a DWRLF loan. The Maryland Water Infrastructure Financing Administration (MWIFA) can provide financial advisory services that assist borrowers in determining water rate structures and the impacts of a proposed loan on borrower financial condition and affordability.
DWRLF assistance is available to eligible public and private community water systems for the following:
- Water Treatment Plant Construction and Upgrade of Existing Water Treatment Facilities
- Development, Coordination, and Implementation of Source Water Protection Plans
- Raw Water Intake and Conveyance Infrastructure and Finished Water Storage Facilities
- Water Distribution System Rehabilitation including Lead Service Line Replacement
- Consolidation of Water Systems to enhance Operational, Managerial and Financial Capacity
- Planning, Design and/or Construction phases of above listed eligible Drinking Water Projects
For additional information, please call (410) 537-3119.