School Idle Reduction
Congratulations to these schools and green centers that have set up a vehicle idling policy! They are making great strides to keep students, staff, and families safer by reducing vehicle emissions from unnecessary idling.
Idling vehicles can:
- pollute the air in and around the vehicle and school buildings,
- waste fuel and money, and
- cause engine wear and damage
- a letter and signed certificate from the Secretary of the Environment acknowledging your school's participation,
- a metal idling reduction sign for the school grounds,
- decals for school and office windows, and
- other program materials
And ... your school will be added to the Honor Roll!
Honor Roll of Maryland Schools and Green Centers