BALTIMORE, MD (February 27, 2013) The Maryland Green Registry today kicked off its first "Look for the Logo" photo contest. Members of the Registry are asked to snap a photo of their displayed Registry logo and send the picture to MDE. The contest will continue through spring 2013 with the contest winners being randomly drawn during the Registry's annual leadership awards event in early June. Contestants need not be present to win.
The Maryland Green Registry is a voluntary program launched by Governor O’Malley in 2009 as part of the Smart, Green and Growing Initiative to promote and recognize sustainable practices by organizations throughout the state. The free program offers tips and resources to help organizations set and meet their own goals on the path to sustainability. Members share their environmental best practices and results through online profiles to demonstrate their commitment and to inspire others to green their organization. There are currently 360 organization members. Collectively, Registry members have saved over $65 million annually through their sustainable practices.
- Only official member organizations of the Maryland Green Registry are eligible to participate in the contest. To become a member visit the Registry website.
- To participate, member organizations are invited to snap a photo of their displayed Registry logo.
- Photos can depict the window decal that all Maryland Green Registry members receive upon joining or the Registry logo as it's used on company promotional materials such as business cards, websites, etc.
- Only two photos per member organization will be accepted.
- All photos should be submitted electronically to GREEN.REGISTRY@maryland.gov by midnight, Monday, June 10, 2013.
- Files larger than 8 MB cannot be accepted. If necessary, photos can be sent in two separate emails.
- All participating member organizations that submit a photo will be automatically entered in the drawing to win the "Look for the Logo" contest prizes
- For more information on the contest contact Laura Armstrong, Maryland Green Registry Coordinator
The photo contest begins February 27, 2013 and conclude at midnight on June 10, 2013.
Photos may be viewed on the Maryland Green Registry Flickr page.
To encourage Maryland Green Registry member organizations to promote their membership and raise public awareness about the Registry.