The Ambient Water Quality Monitoring System (AWQMS) is a comprehensive data management system of water quality information for MDE. This web-based system has been specifically designed to be compatible with the EPA's Water Quality Exchange Network (WQX) - the method of sharing water quality data between the EPA and its partners throughout the United States.
The system includes the following core functionality:
- A highly configurable import module, supporting a wide range of import formats
- QA/QC Capability upon data import and data entry using configurable thresholds
- Query/List pages for identifying data of interest
- Detail Pages for adding, updating, or deleting records
- Data export and optional WQX submission in WQX-campatible format
- Choose full, incremental, or custom exports/submissions
- Flat File Export to facilitate data review and analysis in products like Microsoft Excel
- Charts and Graphs
- Optional Trip Planning feature allows you to export a list of sites to be visited
- Ability to generate index scores for imported metrics
The Ambient Water Quality Monitoring System (AWQMS) is a web-based data management system for ambient water quality data. AWQMS provides a single, intuitive tool for consolidating, validating, analyzing, assessing, and sharing your sampling results, observations, and assessments.
All completed data is shared with National Storet database and is available from the Water Quality Data portal at the following link:
The system includes support for the following types of data:
- The physical conditions in the environment at the time of a site visit.
- The chemical and bacteriological make-up of the water sampled
- Chemical analyses of fish tissue collected
- Biological Taxon Abundance data, including population census, frequency class, group summaries, and individual results
- Toxicity data
- Habitat Assessment scores and their related metric scores
- Biological Index scores and their related metric scores
This system includes ambient water monitoring data collected by the Maryland Department of the Environment and its partners.
The Maryland Water Quality Data Center provides information about web maps, training and login to Maryland Ambient Water Quality Monitoring System.
For information about the Maryland Water Quality Data Center, please contact Najma Khokhar at 410-537-4313 or at Najma.Khokhar@maryland.gov.
EPA MD Beaches Water Quality Report
The EPA MD Beaches Water Quality Report contains Beaches data submitted to EPA via WQX for Water Quality monitoring at MD beaches.