The Climate Solutions Now Act of 2022
requires that MDE create the Building Energy Transition Implementation Task Force. The Task Force appointed members shall recommend programs, policies, and incentives aimed at reducing greenhouse gas emissions from the buildings sector including through the following ways:
· Incentives for electrification projects
· Commercial tax credits or direct subsidy payments for decarbonization projects
· Incentives through EmPOWER and other state programs for electrification
· Low-income household holistic retrofit targets
· Heat pump sales targets
· On-bill, low-interest financing
The Task Force is required to provide a report to the Governor and the General Assembly by December 1, 2023.
After its first meeting, the Task Force members created subgroups to share tasks to build the report:
- Large Buildings Covered by BEPS
- Small Commercial and Institutional Buildings NOT Covered by BEPS
- Market-Rate Housing NOT Covered by BEPS (single-family and small multifamily)
- Limited-Income Housing (Covered and Not Covered by BEPS)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, Climate Change Program manager
The Task Force and its subgroups' meeting materials are posted below by date.