- Complete the Radiation Machine Facility Registration Form (MDE RX1).
- Include the installation reports from service companies (FDA 2579 and/or MDE RX-24).
- Complete the Payment Transmittal Form.
- Include the annual fee for the radiation machine tube.
- Submit a plan review/area survey if applicable (shielding review of the location of the machine and surrounding areas). This is required only if a facility has a Dental Computed Tomography machine.
- Provide the Preventative Maintenance Schedule, in months, of each radiation machine.
- Facilities that meet the usage criteria of a hand held unit must submit the conditions of hand held unit form. This form must be reviewed by the Radiation Machines Division prior to the issuance of registration.
- Continuous individual personnel monitoring (film badges) is required for both cone beam CT operators and hand-held dental radiation machine operators. For new facliities (as well as after replacement of one type of machine with another type of machine, addition of a machine, or physical rearrangement of machines), film badges must be worn for six consecutive months (if exchanged monthly) or four consecutive quarters (if exchanged quarterly).
The check and the above required items must be mailed to the Department at the following address:
Maryland Department of the Environment
P.O. Box 2198
Baltimore, MD 21203-2198
To expedite the registration process, in addition to mailing the required information to the P.O. Box above, also fax the items mentioned above plus a copy of the check to (410) 537-3198, ATTN: Radiation Machines Division, or e-mail to email@example.com.
All of the above items are needed prior to the Department granting the facility a registration. The use of a radiation machine prior to registration is strictly prohibited and will result in enforcement action.
For further information contact Eva Nair at 410-537-3193 or at Eva.Nair@maryland.gov.
X-Ray Application Forms and Guidance
Radiological Health Program Home