- Complete the Radiation Machine Facility Registration Form (MDE RX1).
- Include the installation reports from service companies (FDA 2579 and/or MDE RX-24).
- Complete the Payment Transmittal Form.
- Include the annual fee for the radiation machine tube.
- Submit a plan review/area survey (shielding review of the location of the machine and surrounding areas).
- If a used radiation machine is purchased/installed, then the radiation machine, in addition to registration, must undergo a certification inspection by a State licensed private inspector prior to operation.
- Individual personnel dosimetry (film badges) must be worn by machine operators.
- The check and the above required items must be mailed to the Department at the following address:
Maryland Department of the Environment
P.O. Box 2198
Baltimore, MD 21203-2198
To expedite the registration process, in addition to mailing the required information to the P.O. Box above, also fax the items mentioned above plus a copy of the check to (410) 537-3198, ATTN: Radiation Machines Division, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All of the above items are needed prior to the Department granting the facility a registration. The use of a radiation machine prior to registration is strictly prohibited and will result in enforcement action.
For further information contact Eva Nair at 410-537-3193 or at Eva.Nair@maryland.gov.
X-Ray Application Forms and Guidance
Radiological Health Program Home