Group 1 - Particle Accelerators
- Complete the Radiation Machine Facility Registration Form (MDE RX1).
- Include the installation reports from service companies (FDA 2579 and/or MDE RX-24).
- Complete the Payment Transmittal Form.
- Include the annual fee for the radiation machine tube.
- Complete the Application for Certified Registration of Particle Accelerator (MDE RX3). This application must be reviewed by the Radiation Machines Division prior to the issuance of a registration.
- Submit a plan review (shielding review of the location of the machine and surrounding areas).
- If a used radiation machine is purchased/installed, then the radiation machine, in addition to registration, must undergo a certification inspection by a State licensed private inspector prior to operation.
- Individual personnel dosimetry (film badges) must be worn by machine operators.
- The check and the above required items must be mailed to the Department at the following address:
Maryland Department of the Environment
P.O. Box 2198
Baltimore, MD 21203-2198
To complete the registration process, mail required forms and a copy of the check to the P.O. Box above, or fax to (410) 537-3198, ATTN: Radiation Machines Division, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All of the above items are needed prior to the Department granting the facility a registration. The use of a radiation machine prior to registration is strictly prohibited and will result in enforcement action.
If you have any questions or require additional information, please contact Eva Nair at (410) 537-3193 or toll free 800-633-6101, extension 3193, or via email at email@example.com
X-Ray Application Forms and Guidance
Radiological Health Program