The Maryland Green Registry is a voluntary program offering tips and resources for greening your facility as well as the opportunity to share your environmental successes with others. There is no cost to join.
- Maryland Green Registry window decal to display at your facility
- Use of the Maryland Green Registry logo on promotional materials
- The posting of your environmental profile, as approved by you, on the Maryland Green Registry website
- Free technical and informational assistance to help you implement environmental best practices
- Information about upcoming webinars and conferences
- Access to the Maryland Green Registry group on LinkedIn
- Eligibility for annual Maryland Green Registry Leadership Awards.
- Implement and share information on at least five environmental practices.
- Provide at least one quantitative result from these practices. (Example: kilowatt hours of electricity conserved.)
After you submit a complete application, you’ll receive notification that you've met the Maryland Green Registry requirements and your profile will be posted to the website. While we ask that you share at least one quantitative measure, we hope that you’ll share many more so that your successes can help inspire others.
Members are encouraged to update their online profile whenever they have new information to share, but must provide updates at least every three years in order to stay on the list.
Note to Accommodations, Restaurants and Attractions: The Maryland Green Travel Program, sponsored by the Maryland Office of Tourism, promotes and recognizes environmental practices specifically for the travel sector. For more information on the program and how to apply, please visit the web site at www.visitmaryland.org/green. The Maryland Green Travel program was designed in conjunction with the Maryland Green Registry requirements, so we encourage lodging facilities, restaurants and attractions to complete the Maryland Green Travel application. Once completed, your facility will be listed with both Maryland Green Travel and the Maryland Green Registry. You will not need to complete a separate Maryland Green Registry application.
Note to Marinas, Boatyards, Yacht Clubs, and other Marine facilities: Maryland has a nationally recognized Clean Marina Certification Program. We ask that marinas apply for certification through that program to get the support and recognition they deserve.
Maryland Green Registry Application
Download and complete the application and then e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org