The Maryland Green Registry is a voluntary program offering tips and resources for greening your facility as well as the opportunity to share your environmental successes with others. There is no cost to join.
- The posting of your environmental profile, as approved by you, on the Maryland Green Registry website
- Use of the Maryland Green Registry logo on promotional materials
- Maryland Green Registry window decal to display at your facility
- Free technical and informational assistance to help you implement environmental best practices
- Information about upcoming webinars and conferences
- Annual contests
- Access to the Maryland Green Registry group on LinkedIn
- Eligibility for annual Maryland Green Registry Leadership Awards
- Implement and share information on at least five environmental practices.
- Provide at least one quantitative result from these practices. (Example: kilowatt hours of electricity conserved.)
After you submit a complete application, you’ll receive notification that you've met the Maryland Green Registry requirements and your profile will be posted to the website. While we ask that you share at least one quantitative measure, we hope that you’ll share many more so that your successes can help inspire others.
Members are encouraged to update their online profile whenever they have new information to share, but must provide updates at least every three years in order to stay on the list.
Note that all Lodging Facilities, Restaurants and Tourist Attractions should apply to the Maryland Green Travel Program.
This program, managed by the Maryland Department of Tourism, promotes and recognizes environmental practices specifically for the travel sector. By joining Maryland Green Travel, your facility will also be automatically listed on the Maryland Green Registry website.
Note that all Marinas, Boatyards, Yacht Clubs, and other Marine Facilities should apply to the Maryland Clean Marina Certification Program.
This program, managed by the Maryland Department of Natural Resources, recognizes and promotes marinas that have adopted voluntary pollution prevention practices in addition to meeting their legal envirionmental requirements. Please visit this list of certified marinas to learn more about the practices they have in place.
Maryland Green Registry Application
Download and complete the application and then e-mail to email@example.com